Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Half A Life



Barking with madness lost in a hopeless sea
Eternal damnation not a moment of glee
Broken & empty a hollowed look in my eye
Down on both knees, hands & tears flow to the sky
A life of such promise ravaged & run astray
I lived half a life & threw the rest away.

Vultures glide above in my darkest hour
Sinking their fangs to the neck of a joyful corpse I no longer empower
Winds change as the demons are drunk on their lust
My minds overcome with sorrow from the tornados of disgust
An uneasiness settles I'm caught in the lights unable to get away
I lived half a life & threw the rest away.

More questions then answers, the nights darkest before dawn
Pillaging confusion pours gasoline on the fire of my scorn
Ripped asunder from the boy who was once a majestic dove
What is left is the mosquito salivating for love
My wings ready to soar yet I am bound to the ground
Weeping for help but not a lending hand to be found
This game called life, I no longer wish to play
I lived half a life & threw the rest away.

No comments:

Post a Comment