Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Glamour of the Kill - The Summoning Review

Glamour of the Kill a new band from York, United Kingdom released their debut album, “The Summoning” recently. I have been a fan of this band for over a year now and I was expecting big things out of their debut record. However, after listening to the album my wishes were not granted. In fact, I was disappointed after my first listen. The main problem from the get-go was that Glamour of the Kill sounded too much like Bullet for My Valentine. In all honestly, they sounded like the baby brother of Bullet. I tried very hard to ignore the comparisons but every note reminded me of a less heavy Bullet. Glamour of the Kill have a friendlier sound and young kids just getting into metal will love them, that is until the kids grow up and discover Bullet. Their songs are very catchy and slightly heavy, so I would expect to walk into a Hot Topic and hear this album playing on the speakers. This is of course not a bad thing, since any band that engulfs children into the metal world earns my respect.  The point being, I enjoy heavier music and if I had a choice I would choose Bullet For My Valentine over Glamour of the Kill. It is not a good sign when a band’s debut album reminds you of how far and away advanced Bullet is too the rest of the pack coming out in England. Yet, Glamour of the Kill is still a good up and coming band, they’re just not ready to steal away the crown from the current kings of British heavy metal: Bullet For My Valentine. Some songs which I think stand out most on the record were Lost Souls and Here, Behind These Walls which was my personal favorite.
Final Review:
2 Beavis' out of 5 Butt-Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment